Chair: Dennis Evans, Apt#254 phone-5062; DennisCharlesEvans@gmail.com
Meeting Time: 2nd Tuesday, 9:30 AM, Board Room
Collington Staff: Rob Reigle & Brian Stanton
o The Tech-Comm Committee has the responsibility for the operation of the “CollingtonResidents.org” website. (This is the only fiscal responsibility)
The WordPress hosting site was paid on 6/11/2018, active until September 1, 2019.
The Domain Name “CollingtonResidents.org” was renewed on 6/12/2018, for three years, until July 21, 2021.
o Tech-Comm Committee members operate three Google Groups:
- Collington-Discussion (All Collington Residents welcome and solicited)
- Collington-Tech (Tech-Comm members & interested parties)
- CollingtonWebGroup (Web Group members)
Google Groups can be established by anyone following the Google guidelines.
They are free of charge and have no expiration dates that must be renewed.
o The Tech-Comm Committee coordinates the operation of the Collington Computer Clinic. Desktops, Laptops, Notebooks, Tablets, Smartphones (PC, Apple, Android, Other)
o The Tech-Comm Committee provides support to groups needing technical assistance
- Low Vision Support Group
- Oral History Group for 30th Anniversary
- The Tech-Comm Committee considers ways to help other groups with technical problems/solution
- “Artificial Intelligence” – Virtual Assistants (HIPPA considerations)
- “Recording device present”
The Tech-Comm Committee continues review of communication procedures (messages and non-technology aspects)
- Oral History Tech Support will be phased out as the task is completed.
- Clear Plans and Goals need to be defined for all Tech-Comm activities of interest.
- Address more Wi-Fi support problems: connectivity; old resident equipment and software; printer networking (printing on the wrong printers); VOIP phones on Wi-Fi networks.
- Consider conducting some computer training classes (problem is limited number of students)
- Consider recommendations for exterior lighting (LED, cost, architecture, night sky pollution)
Internal Technology Policies