PART I: HEALTH SERVICES COMMITTEE
Chair: Laurie Cobb
Meeting time: 1st Tuesday, 2 PM, Board Room
Staff: Dora Gray, DON; TBD, IL Social Worker; Kim Rivers, Vitalize 360 Coach; TBD, Activities/Wellness Director.
Health Services Committee : Mission Statement
The mission of the Health Services Committee is to monitor and evaluate Collington Health Services and support excellence of those services on behalf of the health and well-being of Collington residents. (approved by HSC, September 5, 2017)
- Fitness Program – Jacob Kijne
- Health Center – TBD
- Ombudsman group – Denise Bunting
- Social Support/360 – Gary Anderson
- Palliative Care
- Compassion and Choices – Jeanne Slawson
- Grief and Bereavement: on hold
- Hearing Loss
- Low Vision
- Parkinson’s Disease
PART II: DOCUMENTS FOR HEALTH SERVICES
Click on highlighted items to retrieve forms and documents.
Health Services Info This overview of Health Services available at Collington has been updated to include the new Medstar Center for Successful Aging Outpatient Clinic at Collington. Services were changed as of June 1, 2019.
Vitalize 360 Vitalize 360 is a free program offered by Collington to residents to promote successful aging. Information about the program in general and how to join at Collington are listed.
Managing Stress An overview of the resources at Collington for dealing with stress.
2017 Medicare Summary (HHS) This government publication gives detailed information on Medicare.
Collington Health Center Neighborhoods A description written by a former Director of Health Services.
Nearby Medical Specialists and Medical Centers (Not Necessarily Endorsed) List compiled with input from residents. Version updated April 2019.
What to do when a loved one dies This document is based upon an article by Stacy Julien of the American Association of Retired People AARP. That document was condensed and adapted to make the checklist more specific for Collington residents, although much of the text is verbatim Julien’s.
Health Services Support Groups
Five support groups led by residents meet monthly. Below are the groups and the leader contact information.
- Caregivers Support Group: Denise Bunting x7274
- Grief Support Group: Vena Darling x7291 and Linda Ewald x5133
- Hearing Loss Support Group: Ann Davie x7325 and Diane Fleming x7554
- Low Vision Support Group: Shirley Denman x5111
- Parkinson’s Disease Support Group: Joan Zorza x5082
Information on Medicare and “observation status.” (Advocacy Group — Center for Medicare Advocacy)
News Items Relevant to Committee Area of Responsibility A collection of the posts on this website related to Health Services.
Policies and Procedures
Guidance for Private Duty Caregivers Details professional activities and standards you should expect when hiring nursing aides and caregivers.
Social Services for Independent Living Residents Overview written by Health Services Committee with the Director of Social Services.
Resident Transition Rights One page summary
Policies and Procedures for transitions at Collington Detailed version
Transitions Flow Chart and Glossary Process flow chart for transitions
Health Care forms for all Residents
Consent to release information Allows Social Services to notify District leaders when a resident goes to the hospital
Situation Report Form Form for enlisting a resident based group to assist you in investigating/reporting a situation involving Health Services personnel
Information on Maryland MOLST (Medical Orders for Life-Sustaining Treatment) All residents are urged to file a completed form in the Clinic as part of their health care records.
- Information Sheet for Health Care Professionals Describes when a MOLST form is required and what is encompassed.
- Health Care Decision Making worksheet A worksheet for the MOLST form with information on the choices in the worksheet. Use this to complete the MOLST form with your doctor.
- MOLST Form Form to be completed by your doctor.
- Maryland Advance Directives Guide Provides information on Maryland law and advance directives.
- MOLST presentation slides from Paul Ballard, Assistant Attorney General, MD Department of Health.