Chair: Charlie Clapper
Meeting Time: 2nd Thursday, 3 PM, Auditorium
Collington Staff: Kyle Olson
Mission Statement – Adopted August 10, 2017
In Cooperation with the Collington staff, the Grounds Committee
- Assists in maintaining the present plantings on the Collington campus and in establishing new trees, shrubs, and plants to further enhance its beauty in the context of an overall landscape concept
- Assists residents in achieving their goals for their personal gardens
- Monitors the condition of the trails and woodlands and assists staff in their maintenance and improvement
- Monitors the pond and lake areas and works to keep them healthy and attractive
- Work with Collington staff to prepare a “campus map” that shows topography and existing plantings. This will allow for preparation of a tree/shrub replacement program and help identify drainage issues.
- Work with Collington staff to prepare “planting plans” for each cluster and villa common area. This will help identify areas that need improvement.
- Work with Collington staff to maintain a safe environment and to maintain healthy trees/shrubs.
- Assist current residents in maintaining their personal gardens
- Assist new residents in developing plans for their personal gardens
- Continue the successful Weed Warrior program and define its area of responsibility.
- Work with Collington staff to monitor the condition of the lake and its immediate
List of Deer Proof Plants prepared by Bill Preston and Alice Nicolson