Our Weed warriors took advantage of the temporary lowering of the lake to clean up the perimineter.
Here, per Karen Boyce, is the detailed planned schedule for the road resurfacing project. Thanks for the careful planning: (Obviously the recent rain has thrown this off, but we will update.
The crew will be on site each day from 7:00am to 7:00pm.
- Day 1 (August 28th):Install Concrete Curb at Entrance to Apartment Parking Lot / 2 Areas near Security Gate / Asphalt Repair near Apartment Parking Lot (Notes: low – moderate inconvenience)
- Day 2 (August 29th):Pathways (Notes: low – moderate inconvenience)
- Day 3 (August 30th):Pathways (Notes: low – moderate inconvenience)
- Day 4 (August 31st):Pathways (Notes: low – moderate inconvenience)
- Day 5 (September 1st):Woodshop / Prep Apartment Parking Lot(Notes: The woodshop and the first lane in the Apartment Parking Lot (covered parking spaces and those directly across) need to be cleared of vehicles by 7:00am. No access to woodshop. Low – moderate access to main loop road. No access to covered parking spaces or parking spaces across from these. No overnight parking on 9/1 at these yellow highlighted areas. Vehicles can return to park at 7:00pm on 9/2)
- Day 6 (September 5th):Pave/Lay New Asphalt in Apartment Parking Lot (Notes: High inconvenience. Entire parking lot needs to be clear of vehicles by 7:00am. Residents can return to park in the lot at 7:00pm.)
- Day 7 (September 6th):Grind/Dig Up Asphalt on Main Loop Roadway(Notes: moderate – heavy inconvenience. One (1) lane of traffic will continuously be open.)
- Day 8 (September 7th):Repair Broken Asphalt Areas on Main Loop Roadway (Notes: moderate – heavy inconvenience. One (1) lane of traffic will continuously be open.)
- Day 9 (September 8th):Pave/Lay New Asphalt on Main Loop Roadway(Notes: moderate – heavy inconvenience. One (1) lane of traffic will continuously be open.)
- Day 10 (TBD):Rain Date
Please note: For the duration of the work, at times, there will be dirt, dust and miscellaneous debris on roadways. At the end of each work day, all areas will be swept and clean for pedestrians and traffic. Portions of this operation will be noisy and very hot. Please ask or request that all residents respect our working areas and watch from afar, if interested or need be.
Regatta pictures: Here are some pictures of the boats, spectators and event participants at Saturday’s enjoyable event at Collington Lake. First some boats….
Next some happy spectators…
Turns out that the movement is spreading to sibling species.
I am much remiss for not getting this up earlier. Sorry Alice.
However, now that everyone is cleaning up for winter, maybe it is a good time to share this sheet on what to do avoid mosquito breeding.
For the future you can also access it through the RA choice on the Cop menu, by choosing Operating Committees, and then Grounds.