Contributed by Marian Fuchs
After the success of the “Love and Passion: Collington Singers Spring Concert”, there was a delightful post-performance party on May 6.
Choir-master Marilyn Haskel had devised a raffle with a twist. Every attendee was given two raffle tickets. Helen Lauck picked the lucky winners, but the prizes were funny and clever wordplay on a fancy certificate rather than tangible things to enjoy. Here are some of what the winners won:
- You have been selected to join a private cruise aboard the African Queen through the Florida Everglades! Complimentary leeches. Remember to pack insect repellent.
- The holder of this certificate may claim a magnum of Verve Cliquot Champagne at the Ivy Lounge (when Yolanda isn’t looking) next to Collington’s premiere dining venue.
- ou have just won a Russian Sable Jacket worth $20,000! You may pick up your prize in the Collington first floor OO Shop.
- An all-expenses-paid two-week trip to the fabulous WEGMAN’S RESORT in Maine anytime between May 15–June 15, 2019 during the classic black fly season. Enjoy!
- Gift Certificate For the man with time on his hands a Rolex Men’s Diamond Watch. Redeemable from any portable street vendor in New York City. Tell ‘em Vinnie sent you.
- You have won matching his-and-hers tattoos. Once in a lifetime prize! You must supply your own ink.
And here are Marilyn, Helen and some of the surprised and delighted winners.