Here is the 2015-2016-Resident Association-annual-report.
Outgoing President Mike McCulley listed these as some of the achievements of the past year:
- Conducted the most successful Employee Appreciation Fund drive in Collington history, raising over $230,000.
- Instituted two new programs to help transition new residents into Collington. The first is an “ambassador” program to help in the communication process before they move in. The second is Getting to Know You dinners for new residents after they move in.
- Worked closely with the administration to upgrade the SARA alert system. At the time of this writing, the actual upgrades have not been implemented, but I anticipate they will be prior to the end of the 1st quarter, 2017.
- As a result of several residents going to the hospital for dehydration, we urged management to put hydration stations throughout the main building. One is in the Ivy Lounge; the other in the Clock Tower. Drink up!
- Proposed, and had accepted by the administration, a new motorized vehicle policy.
- It is dangerous to focus on the good works of specific committees. However, some have been so phenomenal that I’m willing to take the risk. I think specifically about Grounds fighting invasive plants and working toward establishing a meadow; Buildings for tackling the shortcomings of the auditorium; Technology for maintaining a vibrant website and establishing a private communication link among residents; and Sustainability for directing the whole community to make smarter choices about how we use our resources.