As most folks know, on Saturday Sept 24 at 3:00 PM we will have the Memorial Service for Ellen Stamelos. This will be conducted as a Quaker Meeting for Worship.
While we do not normally announce memorial services on this site, it seems important to explain the process, particularly that it begins by our arriving in silence. This following may be helpful.
Quaker Meeting for Worship Memorial Service
The Religious Society of Friends (Quakers) believe that every human being is endowed with a measure of the Divine Spirit and may directly experience it by yielding mind and heart to the guidance of the Spirit. Tue purpose of Quaker memorial worship is to thank God for the life that has been lived and to help mourners to feel a deep sense of God’s presence.
- Enter in silence.
- Prepare mind and heart for communication with God and one another.
- The Clerk of the Meeting will lead the service.
- For Ellen’s service, part way through the service, all attendees will be invited to share how they knew Ellen with the attendees around them.
- If you feel moved to speak beyond this communal opportunity, stand and speak briefly. Some microphones will be available.
- When someone speaks, listen and show time to contemplate his or her words.
Thanks to all.