The Technology Committee will be meeting next on Oct 8 at our usual 9:30 time. We hope to find out what kinds of projects might attract energy. At our last meeting we added these essentially “non-budget items” to the “budget ideas” developed before: So, if you are interested in helping form a (probably) very small workgroup on any one of these items, please do come. (As a practical matter, we can not cover anything like all of these.)
Non Budget Items
- On-going maintenance of the web site.
- Restructuring of listserv to be most functional for most residents.
- Educating residents about use of both web site and listserve.
- Educating residents about expanding their use of their computer equipment and programs.
- Especially, “new resident” orientation/integration.
- Perhaps I-Pad classes redux. Need teachers, as 1:3 ratio is optimal.
- Perhaps classes of “Intro to the Web site.”
- Periodic Tech Clinic
- Bring in speakers proficient in what we’re concerned with, as concerns arise.
- Training of selected staff and residents on management and maintenance of the auditorium’s A/V set-up.
- Develop strategic plan for technology with goals, budget, staff and consultant plan, etc.
- Hire director of technology to implement and manage strategic plan and staff
- WiFi fix enhancements (follow up on current plan).
- Meeting room Digital upgrades
- Upgrade AV system and auditorium staging capability for easy non-tech usage and management
- Assign staff to will spend one day a week on our A-V systems
- Assess Kendall at Home technology integration
- Internet Skype video conferencing in Creighton Center
- Plan for Comcast contract expiration
- Explore SARA (emergency button) Update
- Charging Stations
- Marketing tech assistance program